Monday, September 11, 2006

un/de/im-motivated

It is so hard to have any kind of get-up-and-go here. I feel sluggy and useless. I know I have to get over this, cuz I'm here, and I'm going to be here for the semester, save happy weekends of escape to San Francisco.

I told my roommate I was glad they weren't watching the movie until 9:30, because I would go...but I think I'm going to flake. I can just tell I'm not in that sort of a social mood.

I did meet a cool girl named Nila. She's a new transfer, Japanese major, wants to be a professor of Japanese studies in the future. She sees things here kind of like I do. Brave soul, coming here while recognizing the fact that they're combining the Japanese dept with the Chinese dept and calling it East Asian Studies...

Well, I got out of my Japanese class. Indepedent study now. Seems for the best. I just need school to be over. That will be the best. Anyways, I'm going to be counting an awful lot on myself this semester. I need ACTUALLY BE ABLE TO COUNT ON MYSELF. Anyone have any ideas on how to get into it? (Academics, not parties or clubs or bullshit stuff like that.)

No comments: