Monday, September 25, 2006

Internet Outage and Work and some crummy news

Actually we'll go in backwards order.

The crummy news (which we'll get out of the way right now) is that I think my open hours have been cut (for the tutoring job.) That means that I have no guaranteed hours at all. My entire salary depends on whether people make appts or not. Luckily I still have my five hours at PRIDE, which amounts to 40 dollars (not counting taxes or whatever.) I suppose that is still enough to travel on, and that is the worst case scenario only. I think I actually have two or three appts this week, so maybe it won't be so bad.

Work was pretty banal. We hung some fliers for the meeting on Wednesday, talked about random junk, read our homeworks, and talked on the phone. Well, at least I did. First with my dad and then with Lily. It's a good thing, too, because that middle hour would've been a killer.

After work, when all I wanted to do was putz on the Internet, listen to some Japanese, see what's on 1Up, etc. the connection was out. Obviously it's back now, and during the interim I studied some Japanese. Maybe it was fate. But now I get to do my screwing off, so this is the end of the entry ;D

No comments: