Monday, February 20, 2006

Toxic Environment (and the cure/weekend/love)

A friend of mine training to be an anesthesiologist once told me that hospitals are a toxic environment (even when you work in one) and that he tries to spend as little time there as possible. Sometimes I feel like the university here is the same. I'm not sure why, exactly, my dorm and campus in general has boiled down to stress, but the second I got back I could already feel it.

Anyhow, to CONCENTRATE ON THE WONDERFUL THINGS ;p we'll continue with something a little more cheerful:

WHAT AN AWESOME WEEKEND

Love and happy. The boy and I somehow made three days feel like a week. Or maybe more than a week. In addition to President's Day, we had X-mas and Valentine's Day lol. My last class Friday seems so long ago now...

(Oh and that earlier post reflects the fact that he walked in the door just as I started writing. Not going to neglect the boy to blog...)

We did all sorts of cool stuff. I saw some of the original Dr. Who for the first time, which was supah groovy. I'm really excited about that actually. We also checked out the Cheburashka DVD I got him. It was so cute and so Russian that I nearly cried lol. Castlevania was also prominently featured in the weekend's activities, as were sea lions and the COOLEST gnarled trees ever. This morning we baked sugar cookies, mixed up our own frosting, and (with improvised tinfoil piping equipment XD) decorated like crazy.

Happy, happy, happy...

and then yeah, the bus ride, blah...it was ok. Everytime I do it, it seems to get easier. This weekend I had to transfer in Modesto instead of Sacramento, which was novel. Got back to school...no one came to see the movie, so I decided to just skip out and make up hours later in the week. It is, after all, a holiday.

After I called the boy though, I guess that's when it really sunk in that I was back. Talking to him on the phone must've made me realize that I'm here and he's way back there, so I was kinda bummed out, or at least lacking the motivation to launch into some industrious homeworking. I was going to go grab some dinner, but the Summit was closed >_< Then, lo and behold, was Marc. Bopping along to some crazy music so loud in his earbuds he couldn't hear me call his name, sight dimmed by the absurd pink-framed sunglasses he was wearing even though the sun had long since set, it took him a minute to notice me. One he did though, I was suddenly on my way to hearing some SWEET music (have to ask him what that was again...) seeing part of a really bizarre Italian/English horror movie (Deep Red,) and eating the most welcome stir-fry of my entire life. Vegan to boot. THANK YOU FOR CHEERING ME UP MARC

I feel better now. Can I be mushy some more? I'm so happy to have just spent three days with the boy. Spring break is in THREE WEEKS! I'm so ready! Not sure if we'll be able to swing something in between there or not...hope so though. *sigh sigh sigh*

*ramble*

Anyhow, time to get things done and remember what it's like to prepare for class.

No comments: