Thursday, February 23, 2006

Nostaliga

"Seems to me I've seen that stocking someplace...but where could it have been? Don't you belong to a Miss Magnolia Hawks? I thought so. Next time you see her will you give her a message for me? I can talk to you better than I can talk to her..."

This was always my favorite part of Showboat. I found this love story very compelling the summer I turned 13. I wonder if that wasn't one of the first times I got some real enjoyment out of mush. Or maybe I just think I did. I guess I do seem to remember finding "You Are Love" a bit tedious. After a while I started appreciated it, quite a pretty song. Then again though, as I play it now, I have these phantom shivers remembering the way they used to run up and down my spine, so maybe I was into it heh. *shiver* Ok, maybe I'm STILL into it. I don't like the guy on the recording's voice. Never did. The guy from my sister's production was much better.

Hum hum hum. I haven't listened to this in years. For a while we used to sleep to it every night esp right after the show ended.

"Good-bye, My Lady Love" was my other favorite. I can't say I agree with the idea of her keeping this guy on the heater while she's off with her stray heart, but it's a very entertaining song and performance...

------------

Also I'm passing this on:

http://homepage2.nifty.com/saisho/cicadasongaac_e.html

I have cicado nostalgia too, but I'm not sure where it comes from. It's obviously not tied to anything.

*puts on Rooney*

Yeah...I'm out. Have a nice night.

3 comments:

Xavier said...

did i tell you that i saw a really funny japanese movie called Waterboys. Aww..man it was hysterical.

Anyway, how is japanese going? i haven't really been studying. and i haven't been really studying russian either!. O_O lol... but i'm reading a really good book (funny/intriguing) called In a Sunburned Country. Have you read that before?? aww man, it's great.

anywho, i'll ttyl!! i hope i get to see you soon. When are you going to japan btw? aren't you planning on studying abroad?

Emily said...

yeah I just turned in my apps. I should be gone all next year.

Bettina Sophie said...

What's wrong with nostalgia? We all go through some phases of nostalgia... Anyway, seems that you guys all know each other, soooo...sorry for the interruption.