Sunday, July 09, 2006

The jig is up...

looks that way, anyhow. I'm not going to linger on this terribly, but for anyone who hasn't heard yet, it is incredibly likely that I WON'T be going to Tokyo in Sept.

Yes, that's WILL NOT.

It's not a very long story, mostly to do with little scraps of grimy green paper and how I don't have many of them. Also how I will have to relinquish all the ones I do manage acquire to the bank until I die.

In any case, I am surprisingly unscathed. I spent one fretful (to understate) afternoon and now feel fairly upbeat, even...cheery. There are many more pros than cons and just because I don't go to Tokyo NOW doesn't mean that I will never go. Also, maybe I'll get a job now...

That's not set in stone, but, like I said, it's a good bet. California has been treating me well thus far, so hopefully it will continue to do so in the future.

!

The weekend passed rather featurelessly. That's not true. The boy brought home presents, in fact, there have been quite a few lately including Ox and a keychain of Icebat. The time consuming one was God of War. Yes, I've been meaning to finish that game for quite some time now, so we played the whole thing :D It was grand. I'll be 1Uping about it soon. There were also brownies. In fact, there still ARE brownies, which makes me happier about tomorrow ^_^

He also got himself a present, namely, Castlevania: Curse of Darkness. I'll probably manage to say something about this as well, even though I'm not playing too much of it. It's not exactly a shining example of Castlevania-y goodness...(quite the opposite in many, if not all, respects ;p)

Yesterday was THE LAST Doctor Who. My first end of a season. Awww. We only have to wait until X-mas for a new ep. That is sort of cute. I'm glad Rose is gone, but at the same time I feel horribly because the Doctor really liked her and I don't like seeing him upset ;p

The only other thing I think I will mention (besides requesting crossed fingers for the week's interviews) is that I applied to write for Joystiq today. I'm fairly certain I haven't got a chance in hell, but stranger things have happened. Not to me personally...but...

;D

It would be nifty.

4 comments:

Emily said...

It'd be groovy if you guys came out to visit! Honestly, though, I'm not sure how well I'd be able to translate because sometimes English gets a little out of hand for me. (You can ask Steve. I always tell him he's being English again when I dunno what he's talking about ;D)

Anonymous said...

i'm not a big fan of japan. so... my opinion is that it's good... that you won't be going to tokyo. hey, but if you like novels, mystery novels or things like that, translated to english or original, you'd enjoy visit there. you'd feel some kind of deja vu that you're re-living the stories. maybe a few more years from now you may be off to tokyo after all...

Emily said...

Well, I'm a pretty big fan of many aspects of Japan, but there are definite pros to sitting this round out. There will be other opportunities.

Anonymous said...

that's true.