Thursday, July 27, 2006

Birthday Sushi

Last night my friend Randy took me out for sushi for my birthday. We tried a place near the apt so we could come back for cake and stuff later on. Instead of going to Sushi Rapture, which does have good stuff, we went to Nara Sushi on Polk. Good sushi and really great deals. All you can eat dinner for 20 bux, 1 dollar happy hour specials.

I'm eating leftover Crazy Roll right now (courtesy of Randy.) Last night I had miso soup and a Mountain Roll. It had, I believe, salmon, crab, and avocado, but it was BAKED. Yes, baked sushi. Who knew such a thing even existed? I had to try it. Very good, but quite rich. Not light at all. They put some sort of sauce over it too, tasty.

After sushi came cake, which I might add, turned out quite well. Scott still hasn't had any, though! He has to eat some before it goes bad! It's a magical cake, and as such only lasts a few days. Then the fairy dust (read: whipping cream frosting) goes bad. Then we just sorta hung out. It was nice to just talk and chill. Video games, movies, anime, Japanese. I FINALLY lent him the my first year Genki book. I was starting to feel guilty about that, constantly promising it, but never delivering. I always forgot! He's resolved to try to get me into Farscape, which sounds fun. After Scott got me into Dr. Who I'm kind of interested in trying out some other sci fi.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work. thnx!
»