Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Run Around

This morning at the typical hour of 7:30ish I was released from my gentle slumber to set forth into the morning. Luckily, the dining hall was not operating on an off-day schedule, even though we had no classes, so I was able to breakfast on grapefruit (disappointingly tasteless today : /) and a bagel with pb and cream cheese (delicious, although I have run out of my natural pb, which I have grown to prefer over the regular variety.)

Then, it was off to the cardiologist. I had no idea how long it would take to amble over there so I gave myself quite a while. It was a nice, easywalk, and I actually arrived over a half hour early. To my elation, there was a cute little indie coffee joint right next door, though, so I spent a few of my excess moments there taking in the antiquey atmosphere and a mocha glacier (Yum :D but a bit too much ice...)

My appointment with the cardiologist took place on the second floor of a big medical center. Suite 14. It reminded me of going to the orthodontist as a kid, same sort of atmosphere. In fact, I would be there is a cardiologist at that center in Oconomowoc as well. In the waiting room I read some fairly boring magazine articles, but in the examination room they had all sorts of interesting posters with hearts and things. One of them explained ECP (external counterpulsion...I think that's what it stood for.) It's a non-invasive treatment to reduce angina...p-something... Anyways, what they do is basically pump air into these cuffs around your legs, which gets the blood flowing back up to your heart better. I guess the goal is to encourage the use of smaller routes rather than the main veins to keep the pressure off them or something? It seemed a little technical. Anyhow, you have to go for seven weeks and then you might be cured!

Finally the doctor's assistant came in and asked me a bunch of questions. He was very friendly. Then he left and I sat around for a while until the doctor himself showed up. He was very concise. Apparently I have a m-something (valve?) insufficiency "of no consequence." Sounds good to me :D I still have to come in for an ultrasound appointment, even though it's of no consequence and they even did an EKG which came out normal. The up side to this is that next time I will bring my camera and take pictures of the cool little coffee shop and anything else of interest along the way. The down side to this is the only time they could get me in is a week from today, which requires an extra nights stay in Stockton. I guess I'll survive. Unfortunately, the only train leaving after my appointment that day is at 2:30 in the afternoon, so I'll have to find something exciting to do until then.

After all that, I returned to campus where a friend and I had a tutor review with us for our math exam. It was VERY helpful. Now I feel like I at least understand everything. I just need to study to remember how to use all the formulas and whatnot. Should be fine.

Before my Japanese exam, I reprised the picnic the boy and I had the other weekend at the Summit, or at least the sandwich part. I could get all the same ingredients! It was very tasty. I think the exam went well. I'm glad I was able to take it early.

Right now I'm waiting until I can go pick up some things at the health center. I tried once already (after buying some grapes and getting sufficient cash back at the S-Mart,) but the lady wasn't there. Lots of running around today...

Things to Do
1. Laundry
2. Pack
3. Review
4. Relax

That doesn't SEEM difficult, but there are quite a few subitems and ways to break it down into infintismal tidbits.

Somehow it will all get done, and then tomorrow I can take off for a nice weekend before those last three tests :D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»

Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»