Sunday, May 28, 2006

Our new furniture and the accomplishments of the day

Yesterday Scott and I picked up the furniture that I found for us on craigslist. We didn't take the foldy futon couchy thing because it was heavy and Scott seems to remember owning that exact dealio and said it wasn't so comfy anyhow. We did however snag: a microwave, a kitchen islandy table, two stools, a butterfly chair, and a office chair. All of it needs to be cleaned up and is still just occupying space (and being a bit filty) in the middle of the living kitchen (room.)

The living kitchen! Watch out or it will eat youuuuuu!!!! O_O GWAR!

Today I finished Count Zero and read some more of Recentering Globalization, a book about Japan's cultural exports to South and East asia (e.g. tv programs, pop idiols.) I also ground (?) a whole bunch on FFII to get Emile over 7,000 HP. Scott borrowed Dawn of Sorrow from a co-worker, so he's been doing that. He's really psyched about some plans he has to redesign his webiste. I think it sounds great, but I'm not really sure what most of the stuff he talks about is. I wish I knew more about computers : / I don't want to be annoying or anything, though. "Teach me! Teach me!" ;p

I also cleaned the bathroom. Most of it anyhow. I think I did an ok job. It is much tidier than it was. The rest of the apt is still a crash site, but it IS OUR crash site, so I guess that's fine. Was sort of hoping to get things shaped up by the end of the weekend. Also hoping to have a bbq or picnic tomorrow. Dunno if that will pan out or not. Might just have some more of this AMAZING MAC 'N CHEESE CONCOCTION!!!

mac 'n cheese
peas (the frozen kind)
beef (ground and browned --hee hee a rhyme)

GLORIOUS MIXING = eternal happy

or something like that.

Spumoni for dessert. Life is good.

Oh, and there was a new Dr. Who :D Crazy TV monster and poor father figure. Woot!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»