Wednesday, May 24, 2006

bon matin

I just had the greatest morning XD There is this great coffee place down the street called Cup-a-Joe. I refound it the other night, having walked past it many times but never having entered. So yesterday morning I went and it was very nice. Again today and recognized the same little boy with his mom. I noticed they were traveling. He was sooooo cute, drinking hot chocolate out of a bottle. His mom wasn't paying much attn to him, and he looked pretty bored, although he was able to mildly amuse himself by climbing onto a stool, poking around the atm machine, and banging a bit on the table. Anyhow, I started making faces at him, which was fun. I made a friend! Turns out he is French (I think French, his mom had a Guide de Routard for Californie... When I asked him where he was from he said, "My house" XD), although I think his mom is British. Anyhow we ended up having very simple but spirited conversations. He told me about the movie Stuart Little 2 (I later realized) which he has at his house, about how he said, "Au revoir" to his dad, got sick all over himself on the plane, and arrived in California. Also, he's going to Berkeley today and was pretty enthusiastic about the boat ride. I REALLY hope they come back tomorrow. Hopefully Berkeley is just a day trip. I would love to play some more!!

That coffee place is hiring, but I think I would much rather read and play away my mornings there than work. Hopefully I will be hearing from that lady today or tomorrow about the summer camp job. I was thinking about that. It would be soooo great to have that job: "facilitate play situations," yes, please! I love kids XD

1 comment:

Emily said...

Update: I ended up checking to see if the coffee place would consider me, but they want someone over 21 (they serve beer) with experience : /