Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Good news from a zombie

Between the heat here in Stockton and the (most mental, but still) energy I'm expending, I feel absolutely drained. Astronomy was quite the slog, but luckily an hour and a half isn't toooooo long. The lecture was rather boring because he used the online modules that came with our textbook which I had already perused yesterday evening. Anyways, since I don't have too much food yet, I grabbed a sandwich (mustard, lettuce, tomato, roast beef, cheddar on a wheat roll) and a soda (Henry Weinhard's Black Cherry Cream) at the Summit. Hopefully food and sugar will wake me up. Just feeling generally unwell.

Ok, but there is good news as promised, and that good news is as follows: I AM DONE WITH SCHOOL (after this semester.)

...

Yay.

The final class listing is: Astronomy (with a lab), Great Ideas in Computing (which doesn't seem as lame as it sounds), US Gov & Politics, Advanced Japanese, and an independent study in Japanese film.

That last item is the surprise film studies minor finisher offer as well, which RATHER rocks.

Honestly, though, at this point I'm having better luck comprehending the scale of the universe (really damned big) than the reaches of my schedule. I'm not going to take my recently checked-out library books back quite yet, but soon. Actually, maybe I will. It's better to wait until I can actually appreciate them. In any case, I've got way too much to read. All of my classes are fairly demanding, and I want to do well. This and the fact that soon I will be playing City of Heroes with the boy, which is almost like recreational reading (only more social and with superpowers.)

What else have I been thinking today...

OH YEAH. I got an e-mail from these fellows today in response to an inquiry from almost a month ago. I don't really remember the ad I was answering so I don't remember what exactly the deal entailed, but there may be a video game writing opportunity in there somewhere.

So tired and blerfy.

There was more to say, and probably more INTERESTING things to say, but I'm so...exhausted. I can't believe how much random shit takes out of a person. In fact, you wouldn't believe how much stress flies almost under the radar, like the stress of switching grocery stores (which I may have discussed yesterday? Bags, not boxes, of peas? DAMN THEM TO HELL!), or the stress of using the dishes and untensils of nearly complete strangers.

Anyhow, time for a rest or something. Need to recuperate a bit before launching into the homework...

No comments: