Monday, August 14, 2006

Good Weekend Story

So much stuff has happened and I haven't updated at all!!! *_*

First, though, I need to put in a load of laundry so I have something to wear to WORK today...

...

Friday I hung out with a Japanese guy I met on craigslist named Yusuke. We get along really well. With other people I have met, it was awkward and we didn't have much fun, but with Yusuke, everything was great. I showed him Shadow of the Colossus and we made spaghetti before he had to leave. After that I was just sorta bumming around the house, but I ended up going out with the boy and some PEOPLE FROM WORK. That was pretty fun. I had already eaten, but I had dark cherry cheesecake for dessert (yummmm.)

Saturday we just kinda punked around the apt for the most part. That night we watched The Secret of Nimh **spoilers**, which I haven't seen in ages. I wanted to see if it was still scary. I can't really say that I was actually frightened this time, but it was really easy to see why it would've been disturbing for a kid (what with the bloody swordfights and sinking into the gloopy mud, not to mention, you know, rats smarter than us.)

I had a GREAT day on Sunday. The only thing that could've been better is if Scott could've had as much fun as I did. He had lots of work to do : / Yusuke invited me out to lunch with his Korean friend. There was a festival in Japantown, so we got katsudon (tasty!!) and then wandered around there for a bit, went to a park, then got coffee, and finally ended up on the roof taking pix. Those two are a total riot, very funny, and always teasing. We had a really awesome afternoon. Last night we watched some cartoons and then sacked out so Scott could get up UBER early to finish some stuff for work. I was up for a bit to make coffee and have a snack, but then I sacked out again. Gotta be sharp for my meeting at JTB.

Other notable items: my birthday cards were all found! I got monies now :D Also, an extremely helpful friend of mine is going apt shopping for me in Stockton, so I won't have to journey down there before the appointed day of...evil : / *sigh*

I'm really nervous about my job. I know I don't have the right clothes, so there's that, but I just hope I don't screw up. If I do, I know that I'm messing up 6,000 people's vacations o_o That's not a little intimidating... Today is just a meeting, so I'm mostly worried that I will look like a scrub compared to everyone else...we'll see.

Other than that, I think Yusuke will be a good immediate motivation to study more Japanese. He is leaving at the end of the month to go back to Japan (where I could've hung out with him if I were going : /) but we will be pen pals.

I still feel stupid a lot, and wish there were something I could do to ameliorate that, but ah well. I just can't help wishing I were better. It seems like maybe I could be and I'm just lazy. Or maybe this is really the way I am, and that's sort of depressing. I dunno. I should just shut up ;D I'm not in a particularly bad mood, and there's no reason to be...so...

I will read some more while waiting for the laundry to be done.

No comments: