Thursday, June 15, 2006

Nothing Interesting Here

Bus TV

Aiiie. Today was a little frustrating. Decided I would pick up a copy of God of War, since I've always wanted to play the rest of it, having at one point been thwarted by an evil malfunctioning disc at my friend's house. The idea came from craigslist, since a guy there was selling his PS2 etc. I inquired as to how much just that one game would go for and he said 20 dollars. I won't bore you with the details of our extended conversation. There was a bit of hemming and hawing and haggling etc. Anyways, we were supposedly to meet at 3 pm in front of the GAP downtown. I thought it was all set up, but then (after wasting dawdling a WHOLE bunch and wasting a ton of time) I came early, only to stand there for a half hour while he...wrote me an e-mail to see if 3 was really a good time or not which I received upon arriving back home.

But I'm leapfrogging ahead a bit.

See, on the way home from that escapade, I happened upon the neighborhood EB. I figured it would be more expensive there, but figured what the heck. I wanted the game and would have it either way. Actually, it turned out to be cheaper, only by 48 cents after tax, but nonetheless... Of course, the next problem turned out to be that God of War is rated mature. That's like an R movie. Need ID cuz I look like a 12 year old. I figured I would give it a shot. For a second it seemed like things were going ok. She got the disc out, scanned it, took my money, and then popped the question. "ID?" ERRRRR... "How old are you?" 20... "YA RIGHT :p" No, she didn't say that, but she might as well have, because I didn't get a game : /

Not the happiest afternoon.

I ended up taking a bit of a nap and I think that is why my stomach is cross now, but it may have just been fooooood.

Foody.

I start my new job tomorrow.

I previously told her I would be unable to continue since I really needed a full-time job this summer, but she basically ignored that and told me that I would get a raise in July and more hours than she had originally intended to give me. Now I feel like I can't refuse, especially since I don't really have any other options at this point in time. Watch the job offers come ROLLING IN as soon as I commit to this, though.

That's what will happen.

I guess I will use my day off on Wednesday to chill and work on LIVEdigitally stuff. I also won't be working Saturdays. Apparently the one other sitter the lady ended up hiring can only do Wed and Sat, and now there is no call for Wed. My question is, though, what is the point of having two if one of them is only going to be doing one day? I think I'm just not going to worry about it and enjoy the fact that I get more time with the boy. I don't really need to be working weekends...

It feels later than 9:30.

No comments: