Monday, June 12, 2006

My Second Attempt at Egg Poaching (and lots of pie)

Today marks the historic second attempt at egg poaching made this time without the aid of a cup. The cup was for shape-holding purposes and now we know why. If you just stick the egg in the water it tends to shred and flake and make a general mess leaving you with really only about half the egg you started with.

Still tastes good on toast, though.

Hmm...

Other than that, I finished off the pie this morning. That means I had a piece and then looked at the sad remaining bit and said, "Might as well eat that tooooo..." Yum.

Yeah, this morning has been mostly food. I also played some games...and sat around...and made instant coffee.

The boy and I watched Fist of the North Star last night. I was sort of hoping to avoid that movie...forever, but I guess I failed. That's ok. It was pretty ugly, horrid, and gory. Sort of what I expected :D Now I can't poke the boy without him exploding, though : /

*chicken noises*

No comments: