Tuesday, June 06, 2006

My Latest Attempts at Accomplishing Something

I went around to both of my barista job prospects with no luck. I did have some coffee, a danish, and a tasty chicken salad sandwich. This took up the morning.

I finished Mona Lisa Overdrive, too. I almost want to go back and read Neuromancer again, now that I have a little bit more of a handle on Gibson... I suppose I will someday. Too much other stuff to read right now, though (including the Bridge Trilogy.)

After lunch, I went to an open interview session at Starbucks. Yes, I know, Starbucks, but let's think for a moment. What better place to gain experience? According to what they told me, they send their recruits to CLASSES for THREE WEEKS. You learn how to tell the difference between different types of coffee, how to recommend the right stuff, all in addition to how to actually mix the drinks. After hearing that I'm almost hoping they DO hire me. Being a morning person is good. Leaving in Sept is bad. They'd like more of a commitment for their month of training *sigh* The guy who interviewed me said there could still be a chance, though, so we'll see. It'd be pretty cool if I could get hired for the morning shift at the one on 2nd street by where Scott works. I could meet him for lunch right after getting off work (daydreams.)

Actually, meeting him for lunch is what I did after that interview. I had already eaten (that chicken salad sandwich...pretty good, seeds and celery and stuff in it with clover honey...yum!) but he was starving. It's always nice to see him :D

After that I filled out an app for another barista position at this place downtown, and then read some manga at Border's.

Ho hum.

I guess the only other notable thing about today is how WELL I slept! Not being on a couch probably had something to do with that, but also, this place does really feel like home, so it was nice to be back.

I had a bad dream.

Hmm.

I'm going to eat a yogurt and do some dishes.

No comments: