Friday, June 09, 2006

I am so productive!

Look at me! Dashing about town to job interviews! I applied for two things (convenience store and deli,) had an quick meeting, will reinquire on Monday. This afternoon I'm receiving a blender for ONLY five dollars and it will be delivered directly to my door sometime in the next twenty minutes or so. I'm pretty excited about that. SMOOTHIES!!! Then I have to go to another place before they hire someone who isn't me!

I went to the grocery store since I needed cash to pay the blender man with and didn't feel like being ripped off for two bucks by a ATM. I got some bananas and a greek wrap. A so-so lunch of banana and greek wrap. It certainly could've been better. My shirt puzzled the check out gentleman, though, so it was fun. It's the broken heart one. On my way home I found mysterious extra fruit in my bag o_O I think it's a plum.

Dooby-doo. Did I already mention that I'm reading Jack Maggs by Peter Carey? He is one of the authors I --- ooh blender man just called, he's on his way :D --- wanted to read more of this summer. I've been meaning to ever since I read The Unusual Life of Tristan Smith in high school, but just never got around to it. I love his stuff o_o And, of course, an extra perquisite of reading good writing is that it improves your own *sparkle*

SPEAKING of writing, just a moment ago I replied to a craigslist post about a gadget blog. Supposedly, they need help and supposedly you get free stuff. Did they mention *gasp* LAPTOPS? That would be exceedingly wicked. Plus, what better thing to do in my spare time than work on my writing. To be a good translator, you have to first be a decent writer!

Word.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I'm signed on to write. I feel like a writer now ;D Wish me luck, or broken legs, or SOMETHING.