Monday, April 24, 2006

Took the plunge

So I just drank my first glass of this concoction. (Watch out for the scary lady's voice on that website...) I had the lemon-lime flavor, which I heard was better than orange. Any claims that it tastes like 7-up are completely false, although it is like drinking SOME kind of healthy 5 calorie soda due to the fizz. I really hope I don't get sick. What with all my projects being do next week, and the boy hopefully visiting this weekend, it would be a really lousy time to catch something.

Luckily the nearby grocery store carried the stuff. I called ahead, so I wouldn't have ended up walking there for nothing. Don't need to be running about if I feel like I'm getting a cold. Paid about seven dollars for 10 tablets.

The whole reason I wanted to try it was NOT because of Oprah, although the fact that it was on Oprah does give me some extra comfort, not because Oprah likes it, but because I don't think the teachers who have been constantly recommending it would really feel like having anything to do with Oprah if they could help it and they STILL love the stuff. Seriously, almost every week they bring it up and tell us to pack a lot of it when we go abroad (our Cross Cultural Training teachers.) They really swear by the stuff.

I'm just sort of amused that it says on the package to repeat as needed every three hours. Ostensibly, you could just take it your entire life. The package says to take it when going into schools or gyms or pretty much anywhere there are people. Sorta overkill.

I wonder if it will work : /

No comments: