Monday, April 10, 2006

留学生

This evening we performed our highly anticipated Japanese skit "Ryuugakusei" ("The Exchange Student") for a packed Bechtel Center. The basic plot is that Ben has just arrived at his new school (Emily High School) and believes he's embarking on a magical friendship odyssey. Little does he know that the cool kids really just want to beat him up and his teacher is an ex-yakuza hired by his sister, the principal (that's me,) to keep the students in line.

I would say things went pretty well. No lines were bungled too horribly and even though I couldn't keep a straight face for the unrolling of our "mind-reading" Japanese communication scroll (to faciliate understanding in the audience), I'd say I did an ok job. The fight choreography came off decently as well. Hopefully we made it worthwhile to sit through the entire program (nearly two hours.)

Other highlights included my friend, Lex, being awarded best Japanese student, the Russian skit (Oh, how I miss Russian...), and seeing a couple of my former classmates sing the Chinese national anthem.

I'm hoping that the pictures taken of Max and Paolo as tough guys make their way to my inbox, so maybe I will be able to update later :D

As for right now, even though I have things to do I should probably throw on my PRIDE shirt and catch part of the Ellis concert.

1 comment:

Mr Angry said...

That sounds like fun, you should have taken a video. I think you could have won a few fans by posting it on youtube :)