Wednesday, April 19, 2006

How could I forget the opium den? (plus nostalgia)

Why I don't bring my camera with me to these places is really a question for the ages. I always forget. Speaking of which, I hope that Herbie bug is still parked in the lot outside. I should run out there...

Anyhow, yeah, on Saturday Scott and I ended up in this museum of old clockwork dioramas and coin-op pic shows and video games. Some of the the stuff was pretty creepy and most of it was ancient. There was one big carnival one, and a village with (probably) slaves that looked like zombies : / The opium den though, what would possess someone to make an opium den? I wonder what it did. This place is actually pretty sweet; entrance is free, but to REALLY see anything you need a pocketful of change. We mooched, it was great :D

----

I was checking out Watashi to Tokyo and found some links to interesting ads and I CAN'T GET THE HYPERLINK TO FORMAT RIGHT SO GRRRRAHHAFSDKFJLSKFJ. The EDF one made me miss Paris. I used to see this all the time in movie theaters. They have a good ten minutes or so of commericals before the previews even start. Some of them were pretty creative.

http://smt.blogs.com/mari_diary/2006/04/great_tv_ads_of.html

No comments: