Monday, April 17, 2006

In the future, let's not substitute peanut m&ms for actual sustinance, but work towards a more balanced, healthy meal everday!!! *justice sparkle*


Why didn't I just go to the Summit? I could've had some salad or something, instead of MORE sugar. >_< I did have a pbanana dog, but that really didn't do much. Recourse to candy is never the answer! We have learned!

To escape the saccharine sarcasmic charm of my fake Japanese signposts-- wait. Let's not esape; let's remain a bit longer. I wonder if it is tasteless. Does anyone think it is? Does it seem malicious? Am I being racist? Honestly, I really love that stuff, those signs that make you feel like there is a big benevolent J-mommy somewhere in the sky looking after you. I really DO think of those sweet, motivational words when I have a made a mistake, or at least I try to. It's a lot better than saying something like, "Dammit, you loser. Why did you eat candy when a salad was a quick walk away? You already had cookie today! And all sorts of stuff! You didn't even need THAT!! *hate hate hate hate hate*"

Errr...yeah I think I just did that anyhow.

"Hey, everyone! From now on, let's try to actually avoid the things we are trying to avoid instead of pointing them out and thus zooming in painfully on something better hit over the head and fed to the pigs! :D"

I suppose on the one hand, it CAN get a bit patronizing. If I get cruel and feel a little sarcasmic (Am I the only one who thinks this is a pretty nifty sub for "sarcastic?") I could end up being just as mean, but I guess it's more fun? And in that one, I WAS mean to the evil and not myself.

On the other hand, sunshine and bunnies.

---

I should clean my room.

---

Happy Easter?

Another brilliant weekend with the boy. Perhaps you could all tell that last week was taking it's toll SECOND by SECOND on me. I was a bit burnt out.

"This week let's work hard and do our very best to keep churning out paragraphs of not too horrible academic quality papers!"

(Enough already...)

He even let me take his picture today. A rare occasion indeed. He picked up some fun games on a wander we took Saturday down to the wharf, including the ever-goofy We <3 Katamari, because, yes, We do. Other highlights are the journey to the Ihop, my introduction to Big Trouble in Little China, Piraat Pizza, a romp through a toy store, Farcry (unfortunately without mad monkey skillz at that point)in the demo room at 1Up (on Easter Sunday, word!), all of these things--AND MORE (like the BEST BURRITOS EVER!!!) lol XD We always find lots of fun stuff to do. Granted we could be (and often are) sitting on the floor in his living room doing nothing and THAT is fun, so...we pretty much roxxor, I think.

---

I just looked at this week's "D-hall" menu, and let me just get my complaining done now: it doesn't look good.

---

Yes, I think this is just what happens when left to my own devices. You know, my devices are ok! There is nothing wrong with them! I am so quick to berate myself for the slightest infraction (and let's remember that the fact that there are such things as "infractions" speaks VOLUMES : /) LOOK AT ME TRYING TO KEEP THINGS UPBEAT! LOOK! LOOK!

Nah, it's cool. And hey, I don't mind sounding like a silly girl, pep-talking myself (and err...the world) in my blog. It actually does feel pretty good. I'm not a loser! Whoo! The fact that my brain senses a contradiction at times, and demands to be heard on the contrary, DOES NOT MEAN that I won't eventually win.

Let me expound briefly on tomorrow's plans, for I do, indeed, plan, though they are often changed, or simplified, or crossed out in angry pen strokes. TOMORROW (!!), I INtend to Attend two of two classes, both two hours long. I would like to have the reading finished. I also have some appts to keep and some another thrilling UNESCOlicious source to peruse for my bibliography. That wasn't very detailed, but it was...fun? lol

---

I think there is something pinched in my neck that manages to hurt all the way down my right arm. Isn't anatomy fascinating?

---

Behold, Emily, Queen of the modern zuihitsu! (as if the entire rest of the planet doesn't ramble in their blogs about whatever comes to mind...)

---

O, love and sparkles!

No comments: