Wednesday, April 26, 2006

It hurts when I swallow : /

Dissolving things make throats happy, ne. So, I had this sucker that was thrust at me in February (pretty red heart-shaped sucker) with an advertisement attached: "Is your [little red heart drawing] set on a career or internship? Your Future Is Now! Career Faire [sic] March 2nd, 2006 11am-3pm Grace Covell Dining Hall." I didn't go. I did eat the sucker just now, though. It reminded me of being a kid in the backseat going through the drive-thru window at the bank. Sometimes we got Smarties, but most of the time we were given suckers, the kind with the rope instead of the stick. I think I like sticks better, because they don't get quite as sticky and mushy as the rope did. Or maybe I am just a more talented sucker-eater now. Kids sometimes get all drooly, but adults can reign in their spit. That must be the difference.

My throat is still sore.

1 comment:

Emily said...

*update* I was just looking at this wrapper. It has Pepe le Pew and that cat on there. "Cherry Flavored Lollipops LUV POPS"

---

"You'll never know how much I-- you."
-The Coral (In the Forest, Magic and Medecine)