Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Ellis




Remember how I practically dragged myself out the door last night? I was so reluctant to go out again. I was tired, had work to do, didn't feel like I would get into "some random woman singer."

I'M SO GLAD I WENT.

It's true that I don't usually get into female voices, but hers really got me. I was completely involved the moment I sat down. Her music was so emotion-filled. Happy songs made me genuinely happy, and the sad ones almost had me crying. Her stage presence was overwhelming. Maybe it sounds weird coming from me, but she was so beautiful up there singing her heart out. She also told great stories in between songs. Had us all practically falling out of our chairs with crazy laughter!

I picked up a couple CDs. They were out of the t-shirt I wanted, but hopefully I'll be able to get it through the website. She also had this great scheme to discourage CD burners: a sampler! For only five dollars you get six songs off of various CDs of hers. I got one for my sister. I think both her and my mom will like it.

It's too bad I won't be in Milwaukee for PRIDE in June. Everyone should go! I really wish I could. Anyhow, I'm glad I got to meet her and hear her sing. The last song she did unplugged on the floor with us, since by the end of the show only a few hardcore PRIDE alliance people were left.

Oh, and as an interesting consequence of the evening I ended up watching Democracy Now (after linking to it from her website) and getting some news. I think I can definitely make a habit of that. That was pretty easy. It's probably better to start with simple commitments :D Increase the liklihood of success!

No comments: