Monday, January 23, 2006

Thanks, bro.

So I went to weight training today and once again our teacher didn't show. This time, however, the guy who WAS there told us to get some sort of exercise as long as we were there. I chose to bike for a half hour and then make a feeble attempt at "pumping iron."

I guess what I was doing was some sort of rowing exercise and I guess I was also doing it wrong, because this large fellow came over and said something to the tune of her, "Hey bro, if you lock your knees then you won't be using your whole body to pull and you'll feel the burn in your upper body more. That's what we're hear for right? To pump sweat!" and I was like, "Yeah, thanks."

"Right on, bro! So bro, [I forget exactly what colorful idiomatic phrase he used to ask how I like UOP] You dig it?"

"Mmm...yeah it's ok. I like it."

"Right on, bro! So, what year are you? Freshman?"

"Nah, I'm a junior. Transfer."

"Oh wow, could've fooled me! How old are you anyways?"

"20."

"Whoa, I guess you must get sick of that shit. You probably get that a lot. Gotta get a sick tat so you don't have to show ID...[etc]"

"Yeah..."

He ended up leaving but then I saw him by his car in the parking lot as I was walking home. He waved and I victory-signed. SUV/truck/something with much hip hop. Whoo...

Kinda nuts.

Anyhow, I thought that was sort of amusing. I don't really get miffed when people mistake me for a boy, but my shirt today had glitter on it : /

No comments: