Tuesday, January 17, 2006

In the trickling beginning...

as opposed to the thick. I'm here though, at school, in my dorm. It's not entirely mine anymore. My new roomie has a glorious computer. At least it seems glorious because it's not a little laptop that can't play WoW. She gave me a disk of Heroes of Might and Magic III so we'll see if I take to that or not. My computer is heaving over it though. It spins and spins and spins. Seems like it will go eventually. It also tells me I don't have good enough DirectX even though I just setup the newest version...

Last night Ken picked me up at the boy's house. It was a little sad leaving. If you think about those things too hard they can get a bit dramatic in your head. On the way out of town we stopped off at the Treasure Island exit to look at the view. Was pretty nice with all the lights, not that I've ever seen San Francisco looking bad... A little heart-wrenching to see some of the buildings I'd always been walking towards from the other side out across the bay, but I survived ;p

When we arrived back at school I helped Ken carry some chips and stuff up to his room where I met his roommates. One of them, Marc, lent me a VHS copy of Happy Together. Seems like maybe we will hit it off, at least from a movies standpoint heh. He has a lot of old goofy-looking stuff and is really into Wong Kar Wai.

*misses Firefox...*

*downloads*

Other than that...I had my first class this morning. Japanese Lit at 10. It's kind of different to have my Japanese prof for a lit class, but it works. It seems like all the kids in there are from his classes, so I guess he did all the promoting for it... Midterm, final, and a term paper that I could turn in on Thursday if I wanted. I'm almost tempted...that would be pretty great. I might need a BIT more time than that. In any case, it will definitely be finished before spring break. One less thing to think about when I get back will be perfect. I know I'll have to write a paper for my history class too so I should plan it all out now...

We'll be reading a book a week, for the most part. I should be able to keep up with that no problem. This one and the history class will be pretty reading intensive but I really don't mind that. :D

Speaking of BOOKS, though, they still haven't arrived. That's a bit unnerving. I heard a horrible story last night about a kid who was offered an internship (through the mail, to UOP) and didn't get it because by the time he had called to accept they had given it to someone else. The letter was FIVE WEEKS LATE.

X_X

GOD.

SLAUGHTER.

AGH.

Well I'ma go punk around. Hell, that's all I have to do right now. Nothing until three o'clock.

I don't work today either. There is kickboxing though. I wish I had sweats that weren't my pajamas...

1 comment:

Xavier said...

ooo. i ordered stuff on animenation.com and its been 2 weeks without any package :(

what else...oh yeah! that's so happy you're a japanese major. i was watching ran, and i was wanting to be one so bad. i'd take japanese history and learn all about the samurai and emperors...

i used to own might and magic iii, but i didn't like it at all. i guess you're supposed to have two fighters that specialize in bow. a white mage specialized in body?? and a black mage specialized in fire??? i think that's the best team or something like that. i just got lost in the dungeon and gave up tho...