Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Spending too much time goofing arounnnnnd...

Man, I take a look at the homework I have been assigned and I say, "Farewell, sweet Internet ;_; See you when I need to research my term paper..." Obviously I exaggerate, however the fact of the matter is that I have many MANY things to do and for some reason I wish, instead, that I were playing punky little Nintendo shooters and haunting forums that I don't even post on...

*sigh*

Also I apparently feel the need to ramble on about inconsequential things here...

but wait-- this IS consequential! I need to be STUDYING and not screwing around.

I look to the banshee for inspiration.

So actually...banshees are "Irish death messengers"

hmm...

OK but they scream ne? That's the point! "Screamin' like a banshee"

We could be subtle and say they WAIL but that is not condusive to the joke which is, once again, with myself.

Did I get bored or something? How come none of my friends have hooked onto the banshee idiom here? I say it pretty often...

ANYHOW if they're gonna scream they REALLY SCREAM and I suggest to (all of) you that if you are going to do ANYTHING, look to the banshee and do it ALL THE WAY.

None of this half-baked bullpaper.

Wow...ok that one some people might know, if they remember it. "Bullshit," pronouncing the "i" as "ee" makes "shit" "sheet," as in "paper." It's bad, but it was amusing for a flickering instant in some earlier year. Now it's just lodged in my brains expletive drawer...awkwardly lodged...yes.

Why are they all surfacing at once? It's like a mass unearthing of forgotten slang that isn't even really slang because no one said it.

Is this embarrassing?

What was I even talking about?

GOD I was talking about how I have to write a kickin' dialogue for class tomorrow giving directions to somewhere in a complicated manner...

Delineating further: math problems, a chapter in MJ (The Making of Modern Japan,) PLUS primary documents and questions, and thennn the Kamakura era...annnnd...

hell.

YESSSSS Hell.

Flaming and burning with jumping demons...

Nah, this is all stuff I enjoy, except the math, of course. Really, it shouldn't be too much of a problem. I just need to STEP AWAY FROM THE KEYBOARD.

I have a quiz tomorrow o_o

OH WAIT I HAVE TWO QUIZZES TOMORROW.

You see what I mean, do you not?

It has been twenty minutes that could've been effectively spent branding kanji onto my cerebral cortex (a bit old-fashioned I admit, but there is something about that smell of burning grey matter that makes them stick...)

AND INSTEAD I SIT HERE YAPPING LIKE SOME INCORRIGIBLE PUPPY.

No comments: