Tuesday, January 17, 2006

*ponders a possible maldeed*

Is that a word?

So I have to give a presentation on Thursday about Yukio Mishima's "The Way of the Samurai." I don't HAVE to read it, but I do have to know what it says and how it applies to the questions we were assigned to answer (with the knowledge we are expected to garner from the reading of the preface etc and fourth chapter of the book that is HOPEFULLY at the mail room waiting to be picked up since I didn't have time today but MAY still be in postal limbo : /)

We will NOT be concerned with whether that was grammatical or not.

It was one...thought-breath.

Errr so I was thinking that since I have to read this book that he wrote which gives insight NOT only into Tokugawa culture but ALSO Yukio Mishima himself and the ultranationalist movement (supposedly), I could just keep going with this and turn it into not only ONE but TWO research papers.

I have to do one for lit and one for history. The lit one is 8-10 and the history one is 15-20 (which is a bit more than daunting to me at this point.) Anyhow, Prof Cipris specifically said we could do a biographical study of an author so I could do that and then use things I learn there to expand and enrich my history paper which I could write on Yukio Mishima AND the ultranationalist movement etc etc or something...

Is that bad? It seems resourceful to me. It's not like I would turn in the same paper. I would just study with dual intent. That's kinda sexy.

Dual intent studying, now if only I could figure out a way to learn math painlessly with my kanji. (Kanji causes enough heartache on it's own...*sigh*)

No comments: