Thursday, March 27, 2008

Top Ten To Watch: Eurovision '08 - Part IV

Is it Thursday already?? Can it just be May now?

4. BOSNIA & HERZEGOVINA - Laka - Pokušaj

This song is actually pretty awesome, despite the weirdness. It grows on you the more you listen to it, I think. As I was revising my list it jumped quite a few places.



I'm not sure what is up with the semi-undead aesthetic, but here is my favorite bit from the lyrics:

I will try to kiss you and you act stupid
I will try to kiss you and you act stupid
I will try to kiss you and you act stupid
I will try to wake you up and you pretend to be awake

3. FRANCE - Sébastien Tellier - Divine

This is the song that sounds closet to something that I would listen to normally. In fact, I'm liable to look him up in a minute.



It's got some sort of indie retro flavor, got "doots" and "bops" and synth. I also really like the video. The Jesus in huge sunglasses look I could do without, but, you know...



the music is good--that's what matters! I do really like the video, too, how he's chucking the microphone between (or past!) all of him...selves. I'd be surprised if he wins, but he rocks all the same.

Media Lounge | Part: I II III | The EXCITING CONCLUSION tomorrow!!

No comments: