Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter candy and a funny Kimagure Orange Road

Last night I stayed up late to check out some anime, like I said. The first episode of Zoku Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei was great, so I'm looking forward to seeing what else is in store. They bring you up to speed some what and still introduce another character!

Then this morning I got up, popped a couple jelly beans while breakfast cooked. I made a Sharkey-style egg (it's buried in that link...) and had some blueberry smoothie, and topped it off with a Reese's peanut butter egg. That's pretty much the extent of Easter this year for me. I mean, I'm sure I'll talk to some of my family on the phone, but it's not like I actually celebrate it, and I don't get to see anyone or have an awesme brunch. Actually, the food I had wasn't bad, but I cooked the egg and toast a little too hot. Out of practice : /

So then of course, what I do next is watch some Sunday morning cartoons. I have to fill you in on episode 26 of Kimagure Orange Road. It's just too goofy at the end. The basic plot is that Kasuga and Ayukawa are fighting over something stupid (as they sometimes do). For background all you really need to know is that Kasuga likes Ayukawa but Hikaru likes him, and Kasuga's family has psychic powers.

Anyways, Kazuya, Kasuga's telepathic cousin, has lately moved in next door so he's been featuring a lot recently. This time Kazuya tells Kasuga that if they switch places he'll be able to read Madoka's mind. Since Kasuga is a total loser, he thinks this sounds great, so he lets the kid bonk him in the head:



Of course, Kasuga gets screwed because Kazuya takes his mind and his telepathic powers with it into his body and goes off to have fun with his self-proclaimed girlfriend, Hikaru. They see a movie that clips in and out throughout the episode paralleling the plot, but it's hilarius since it's supposed to be an American movie. A super cheesy romance with fast cars XD In this shot he's feeding her some bullshit line about how the movie (in the drive-in within a drive-in) is turning into a comedy due to the ketchup on her nose, awww:



Is that supposed to be cute? He kisses her, anyways, which is something you'll need to remember for later.

So while Kazuya-Kasuga is off with Hikaru falling asleep at the lame movie, Kasuga-Kazuya, while not achieving telepathy, does achieve this:



which, I mean, they're in middle school, so that's about all he can really hope for despite all the references to "adult" relationships.

Kasuga has had enough now, so he goes back to meet Kazuya at the park where they exchnaged minds, but Kazuya still wants his shot at Ayukawa. He nearly gets it by using that cheesy movie scene! Ayukawa wasn't quite falling for it, but...



in any case,Kasuga races over to the AbCb (Abakabu--I wish this place were in my neighborhood) and teleports through the window to smash heads again just in time.

During his frantic race down the hill, Ushiko and Umao make their expected appearance, pulling their typical Romeo and Juliet nonsense--they always have a non sequitur cameo. This time they're on a bike, and Umao is looking particularly cute in his suit:



Anyways, so things go back to normal at the end after the two guys bash heads and change minds again. Kasuga in his regular body accidentally walks in on Ayukawa changing, and since he isn't a cute little preschooler this time, he gets a slap in the face. The whole point of this whole summary is so you have the context of this one great shot--the movie parallel to Kasuga's real life metaphorical crash 'n burn. The voice over really makes it, because the delivery is fakey sing-song and apathetic, but you can also read the text:


I laughed and laughed and laughed. "Carol's youthful days came to an end." I can't tell if they spelled "Carol" right or not, but it doesn't matter because I've never heard of a boy named Carol (although apparently there was at least one?)

So yeah, I always appreciate context, before stripping it for a meme. I would love if this were a meme. Yahahahaha.

Anyhow...

I think that's all I got. I didn't mean to make such a production number out of it XD but that last screen is just too much.

Happy Easter!! Or something!

No comments: