Tuesday, June 05, 2007

What we already knew

Well I just got back from meeting with Shin. So much stress! I feel bad, because he's really cool, but I get so nervous I barely say anything. It's HARD to speak Japanese.

Mostly I have problems with the ends of sentences, which coincidentally, IS THE ENTIRE SENTENCE. If you fade off at the end of a Japanese sentence, you are losing quite a bit of the point. I need to figure out a way to drill the ends of my sentences into familiarity. Whether something is supposed to happen, did happen, will happen, I heard to have happened, I think may have happened, somebody told me happened etc. And then don't even start talking to me about particles. Shin said I should work on that. That "da" on it's own pretty much never sounds natural. I can totally understand that. It's not so much that I think it sounds natural as that I have problems with ending sentences.

Oh well, at least I can admit it. Something to focus on, I guess.

No comments: