Sunday, June 17, 2007

A Weekend for Feeling Lousy

Well...I shouldn't really dwell on stuff that makes me feel crummy, but it just seems like the overriding theme of the weekend is feeling bad about something, whether it be having my (apparently awful) Beautiful Katamari preview completely rewritten (ten times better) or giving up again on LOTR.

In the case of the preview, not only do I feel bad for turning in something that wasn't fit to run (evidently), but I feel like what they eventually did some up with was something that I wouldn't have been able to come up with. Plus, just as icing, you'll notice it's top of the site at the moment. Feels really crummy to have everyone reading an article with your name on it that you next to nothing to do with. AND I know that if I would've done a better job (or something) I could've been proud of myself instead, and satisfied with all the hits (even though it's just because it's a highly anticipated game...)

In the case of LOTR I just feel rather stupid and lame. Or lazy. Already know all that if you read the link, but if you didn't catch the vibe, in sum: I just feel inferior.

I'm also stuck again in the latest game I'm reviewing, which is discouraging. All that's really left for me to do at this point is clean more. Got some laundry and dishes done yesterday but meh.

Made some blueberry not-scones this morning and they turned out ok. Or as well as the not-scone recipe ever does.

...

Yeah, this was a pretty pointless and depressing blog, but that's just sort of the way of things right now. I think the thing bugging me the most aside from the more immediate cleaning is my complete relack of confidence (or "recent even more lessening" might be better, since when did I feel confident?) in my writing. I mean, I'm going to be writing a lot and I'd rather not suck if I can help it....

Anyways, yay, look at me taking everything in my life and finding what's wrong with it. Luckily there have also been some good things, like double xp in CoH + happy task-forcing with Boy and the Jerks. Also putzed a bit with the Wii (that I did get, if I didn't mention that here yet) last night.

I guess maybe I'll go throw in some laundry and do some more of that, even though I should really try to get through the part I'm stuck on in that other game...

...

...

before whatever...

: /

No comments: