Monday, June 11, 2007

There was a weekend in there, somewhere, too

Saturday was an indoors game playing, forum refreshing kind of day. The boy got into some old DOS games. I was not so keen on cleaning or anything, but I did do a bunch of dishes, and so did the boy (after we got all the dishes dirty again making gyuudon.)

Sunday, my friend my Santa Cruz drove up for the afternoon. We met at a Thai place on polk for some tasty foods and then had a wander up to North Beach/the wharf. Checked out the Barnes & Noble where they had IN STOCK a bunch of Otaku USA issues. We geeked out about comics and I drank some really good cinniminuminuniuminin tea. Then we huffed it back up the hill (and down) to the apt where we took in some of that cake I made and the pilot episode of The Adventures of Brisco County Jr..

I knew Ian was pretty into this show so it was good to finally get a taste. The feature length pilot is pretty much set-up material, I guess, but of course you still get an excellent feel for the goofy tone they're undertaking. I've never really watched any Westerns before, but this seems totally accessible. I sort of wonder if there are nods I will miss later on, but from what I've seen so far it's completely enjoyable on its own merits. Of course, what I've seen so far is liable to be all I see unless I find someone on hand to borrow the DVDs from.

Speaking of watching DVDs (and reading manga?) I'm feeling sort of driven lately. I want to get into it (again.) There are a lot of things I want to do...

Particularly, I'd like to get this blog over with and play a game or something. I'm more likely to continue my aimless net wandering and finish this tea, though. Time management. Damn.

No comments: