Saturday, May 12, 2007

Eurovision Semi-Final Results and What's On This Afternoon

Ok, Catz, Eurovision is upon us, whether we have an apt clean enough to have a party or not. Regardless of who will surround you while you watch/ignore the blessed event, the link for the stream can be found on the front page of the website. You have to download some sort of shitty plug-in, but probably you can get rid of it as soon as the show is over, so don't be too put off.

I didn't watch the semi-final, but I'm pretty pissed off at the Final line-up. Only half of my top ten to watch made it, as follows:

Sweden - THE ARK - The Worrying Kind (top ten last year)
Romania - TODOMONDO - Liubi, Liubi, I Love You (top ten last year)
Ukraine - VERKA SERDUCHKA - Dancing Lasha Tumbai (top ten last year)
France - LES FATALS PICARDS - L'amour a la Francaise (big four)
Germany - ROGER CICERO - Frauen Regier'n Die Welt (big four)

I would have much rather seen...well, my top five, or maybe Andorra in there somehow. You'll also notice that none of these countries were ones who got in based on merit in the Semi-Finals, which were held this past Thursday night. In fact, they didn't even have to compete and were skipped straight to the finals based on the parenthetical remarks I included.

Having youtubed the semi-finals performances of Belgium, Switzerland, and Israel, I'm really not sure what was so bad about their shows. They have awesome songs, and not many Eurovision performances can be called flawless. Oh well...

The ten that qualified from the semi-finals were:

# 03. Belarus
# 06. FYR Macedonia
# 07. Slovenia
# 08. Hungary
# 11. Georgia
# 14. Latvia
# 17. Serbia
# 21. Bulgaria
# 22. Turkey
# 24. Moldova

So we'll see them, along with the five I mentioned, and a few others in about a half hour!!

2 comments:

c said...

Moments like this make me proud to be a UK citizen!

*sings the first 2 and a half lines of the national anthem before mumbling a lot..*

Emily said...

"Would you like something to suck on for landing?"

*snicker*

I'm sorry : /