Monday, May 07, 2007

Alexandria Cafe

Not the one downtown, the one on Pine. The one I've become an accidental regular at since I found out they will poach eggs for you. You get two eggs, two wheat toasts, and fruit salad for 5 bucks. I call that a deal.

The first time I went there I had falafel and it was ok if I recall. Today I wanted something refreshing and Mediterranean for lunch, so I thought yeah, hummus, awesomeness, etc. Went over there. Told them I wanted something with hummus and veggies. They suggested an eggplant wrap and I decided to just say what the hell WHICH I shouldn't have because the thing I got was warm and soggy instead of cool and crisp. A little disappointed. Also, maybe I don't like exactly LIKE eggplant, although I didn't think previously that I had a problem with it. Maybe it's just eggplant with this particular blend of spices and the warmth and the sogginess that did it. Luckily it came with some salad which was cooler and crisper, so that redeemed it slightly. I'll have to be more careful next time.

OR JUST BUY HUMMUS AND VEGGIES AND CRUD FROM THE GROCERY STORE.

The end.

No comments: