Wednesday, May 30, 2007

The quick pre-stupid blog attack

Well, I needed to say SOMETHING before slouching off for an afternoon of boredom and handling other people's money.

I'm snacking on (really) old candy before I go. Read a bunch of comics this morning as I haven't checked up in weeks. Was thinking about how I'm going to actually read LOTR now that I have finished Black Swan Green.

I liked that book. Had a lot of character, which, I guess novels need that, but the kid in the book just seemed very real. Everyone can probably think of a kid who may or may not have been just like him. It's also interesting to read about the '80s. I still don't know much about the '80s. Can't decide if reading about it made them seem closer or further away.

Been really into baked sweet potatoes lately. So tasty and good for you at the same time. That said, I still like candy.

And sushi. The other day at work they had neither small water bottles nor Alaska roll. Instead I drank tap water (which luckily had some degree of coldness to it that day) and Spicy Tuna which I would not recommend from our establishment, as it was not very good and sort of yucky.

Well, now it seems that I am just wasting time while not yet completely pressing my luck.

Between being insecure about my writing and not being able to get any volume out of the tape for this transcription assignment, the morning seems to have been a bit of a let-down. Since the afternoon will consist of mostly pawing the change compartments and asking whether people would like chopsticks, it's not likely to make me feel much better. Luckily I can look forward to Monty Python's Flying Circus this evening courtesy of our Netflix account (whose existence is being mulled over as we speak since we don't use it nearly as much as we should. I think we're finally going to give up on Ultraman, though. Might be better to just get some movies.)

Uh...other than that, I mean besides just really not wanting to go to work because there are plenty of things to be done around here...

and realizing that I just forgot to go the post office again and it's getting a little ridiculous...

I don't have much to say.

No comments: