Monday, March 19, 2007

It's that time again...

EUROVISION SONG CONTEST 2007 HELSINKI

I always pretend I'm going to sit through all the videos and make my judgements based on this extensive research, but it's all but impossible to not content yourself with the first round of the chorus on some of the more typical (i.e. awful) ballads. This entry will be the start of my TOP TEN WORTH A LOOK picks. Some of them are actually good, some of them are strange. Here we go...

10: Sweden - THE ARK - The Worrying Kind

The Worrying Kind

Yes, those are little black wings. The song is ok. I mean, it's better than a ballad.

9: Romania - TODOMONDO - Liubi, Liubi, I Love You

Liubi, liubi, I love you

Has some character, corny as it is.

8: Denmark - DQ - Drama Queen

Drama Queen

A) Someone didn't get the memo that being a drama queen is a bad thing. B) Wrong kind of queen. I still semi-approve.

7: Andorra - ANONYMOUS - Salvem El Món

andorra

Wholesome lyrics, catchy emo style, teeny boys. Whee. They have a tempo. I'm proud of them for that.

6: Ukraine - VERKA SERDUCHKA - Dancing Lasha Tumbai

Dancing Lasha Tumbai

WTF.

This will be continued later. I have to pretty literally RUN to work right now. These videos are up at the media center, so go check'em out!