Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Omidollars!!!

"The National SMART Grant is a new federal grant program for students who are pursuing specific majors in math, science, or technology. Our records show that you qualified for $2,000 from this program for fall semester 2006."

Whaaaaaat? Since when am I a math or science major? Is it because I took ONE intro computer class last semester? Not that I mind being retroactively awarded free money...

Yadda blah blah ahem *cough* "...you will have a credit balance of $476."

O_O

I called and they are sending the check on Thursday. I figure if I get the money as fast as possible, they won't be able to realize their mistake and take it back. That said, I really hope that just because they retroactively awarded it doesn't mean they can retroactively take it back @_@

No comments: