Sunday, January 06, 2008

EmaWii vs. DMV-- FIGHT!

OR Declaration of Intent With Regards to Cars Etc.

I'm gonna try to get my driver's license. All I have to do is study for the permit test, learn to drive (again), and ACTUALLY TAKE THE DRIVING TEST THIS TIME. We'll see. I have road trip motivation and my friend in Santa Cruz said I can come down there and he'll teach me in his car. So there is really no reason not to do it, as far as I can tell. I mean, it doesn't cost much to buy the actual little plastic card, and I don't ever have to use it. I certainly don't want a car or anything like that. It'll just be handy if I ever need to rent one or something. And for road trips...

It's a lot better to tell your friends you want to road trip if you can do something besides read the map ;D

Anyways, so that's a long term goal, a few months out. I'm not sure if/how long you have to wait between getting your learner's permit and taking the test, but I'm sure it will take a while before I feel comfortable. I suppose I should probably take the test in Santa Cruz, too, to make things easier. I wonder how quickly I can reasonably be expected to learn. I mean, if I go to Santa Cruz and spend the good part of two weekend days driving (and a good amount of my cash on gas, dammit) say like, twice a month? I wonder how many months it would take.

I guess tomorrow I will call and make an appt to take the permit test. If I study for a week or two I should be able to get it. Most of it is common sense, if you've spent any time in a car. Plus, I did this before. Granted, that was in Wisconsin, but still...

Ah, *sigh* I don't want a California ID...

BUT I guess I'll just have to suck it up. Plus, then I can get a pic of me with short hair like it's supposed to be instead of the nasty pic I have no on my...*sniff* awesome Wisconsin ID.

No comments: