Thursday, March 30, 2006

A leisurely breakfast is good for the soul.

I swear, a plain toasted bagel with peanut butter, cream cheese, half a grapefruit, and a cup of coffee splashed with non-fat milk is right up there with the very best of the best of the best best breakfasts ever. It has this perfect balance of tang and bitter and sweet. It's worth eating nice and slow and taking progressively smaller bites so you can pretend it will never end...

Now I have to get some work done before class though. I WILL accomplish SOMETHING. I'm not sure what, but something surely. The easy thing would be to start the next novel for JLit, but I shouldn't be doing the easy thing. I should be doing the hardest thing, to get it over with asap: ANNOTATED BIBLIOGRAPHY!!!

I've been feeling so good lately that I don't think I'm stressed out ENOUGH. I feel almost like it will just do itself. THIS IS NOT REALISTIC. I mean, I really like not freaking out about it, but I'm worried now that I should be worrying MORE. That is sooooo counterproductive. Instead of worrying about whether I'm worrying enough or too much, I should just DO THE PROJECT.

I'm glad I can come to these conclusions all by my big girl self ;p

I need to reassess my sources. I thought I have enough, but for some reason I feel now like half of them are useless. I think the hard part is that I'm not entirely sure what my topic should consist of. I think maybe I will go talk to my prof this afternoon.

Maybe that means I should do something else now...

Or slack off...

Tomorrow is Math Exam II. I'm feeling ok about the material though. Not sure if that's a good thing or not. Chanda and I are going to study like banshees this evening, I believe. Or at least I will. And maybe watch cartoons.

I'm really into Hunter x Hunter. I mean, I've only watched 2 episodes (this time...I saw part of the show in HS), but I really like the feel to it. It's back in the day anime and I really like it a lot. New stuff is good, but classics are classics.

OH but I SLACK.

Pretty much my options are either to work way ahead, or work on projects. I don't HAVE anything else to do. I'm ahead on normal work, and pretty much on schedule as far as projects go. This makes it feel like I have just this wealth of free time, which really I don't. If I could get EVERYTHING done, THEN I would feel a little more at ease. I should gun it on these projects, and REALLY finish them. Then I would have actual instead of perceived leisure. Leisure to spend as long as I want at breakfast, musing on the delicate mixture of pb and cream cheese melting on my tongue...

Also leisure to watch cartoons, read the internet, play gamezzzzz...

ooh yeah! I have games!

See even right now I am just putzing around. Let's get useful! Let's get productive! Let's read a thing and write down how helpful it was for our project that we don't even really know what the topic needs to be! Let's study kanji that we've been doing for a week even though the chapter just started! Let's read the book that's not due till next week even though we're not done discussing the one from this week!

See that is the problem. If you get too far ahead then you forget what you did by the time it's time to be accountable, which is not nice. Then you just feel like maybe you should've slacked off. This is probably TRUE as well.

I should slack of SOMEtimes.

I wonder when my Jhist prof has office hours...

No comments: