Sunday, March 19, 2006

A Good and Right Weekend I've Had

Here I am back in Stockton. The dining hall has fed me. My books and papers, snacks and CDs lie strewn everywhere... A little lonely, a little sad. It seemed like things were going at such a nice leisurely pace, but even a nice leisurely pace will get you where you're going in the end.

Since Scott had a press event Thursday night and got home late I managed to get ahead on my homework so Friday I only had to write a little bit of stuff about Japan. That afternoon I took went swinging in the park, wandered Chinatown, and then went down to the Metreon to play DDR. I only ended up watching though, because there were some really hardcore people. One of them was playing both double pad on heavy. He was holding himself up on the bar, which I had never seen before and thought was pretty slick, but Scott informed me that that is CHEATING and "BAR RAPING" and BAD. After I got sick of that I went back home and got REALLY ahead on homework. I read half of Snow Country, which is ok. I don't like it better than Sanshiro. I'm not sure why I really felt like saying that... It doesn't really qualify much, but...just to say it, I suppose.

Saturday we had a really good day. Very active. Lunch out at the bridge place in Japantown. Beef curry and croquettes :D Then we went to Ocean Park/Beach. It was a windy day, but the scenery was really cool. I had never really seen the Pacific before. There were lots of funky windy paths in the park and we clambered all over the place. We'd pop out on a cliff and watch the waves go crashing into the rocks. It made me think of the Toei logo...or is it Toho...I can't remember. One of those...Then we were feeling a little hungry again so Scott ordered a chili burger at this little diner on one of the cliffs. I've never experienced one of those, so I picked at it a bit even though I wasn't starving to death.

NOW LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING REALLY REALLY exciting!!! We had a SUNDAE with HOT FUDGE!! I had been craving this pretty much the whole week and he knew it cuz I told him. He thought of this great ice cream place where they have all kinds of funky flavors like Thai Tea and Blueberry Cheesecake and we split a large sundae with pumpkin and pistachio ice cream. We tried to pick flavors that would be super tasty with hot fudge and I think we succeeded brilliantly.

Then when we got home there was more Invader Zim to watch and then we pretty much sacked out. Actually this whole week(end as well) there was a generous (and appreciated) sprinkling of Zim. I'm really glad he showed me :D I know I've said how much I like it already, but I just feel like mentioning it...more. XD

And Gir is spelled like that.

Not "Grr" XD I forgot about that.

Today was Sunday and we had a really good last bit of time together (for the break! for the break! O_O). Played more goofy games, had blueberry pancakes and eggs (our first and only pancake of the visit o_o unheard of ^_~), and then just chilled till it was time to go.

The BART is really great. I'm so grateful to my Japanese teacher for allowing me this cheaper, quicker, cleaner, generally more pleasant transportation option. I sat next to a Japanese family and tried to eavesdrop a bit, but the train was sort of noisy. A little teary-eyed but no crying this time. Once at the station, I met up with Mayumi-sensei and we had a good talk on the way back. :D

Ahhhh and now I must return to the world of homework and things alone those lines. It feels a lot later than 7.

No comments: