Thursday, November 02, 2006

The sad sad face

So, as pretty much expected, the boy is buried up to his neck in pre-launch craziness and I have feel like crap. This does not make for a good weekend. Either I languish here at school, or brave the trains with my Kleenex and water bottles.

Oh, and let's not forget the random life-waster that is my LAST (after attending only 1 of 2 thus far) tutor training session. I'm sorely tempted to say, "I'm quite sick. I'm going home to be taken care of." Also, the fact that most of my tutees seem to not need me anymore MUST surely speak to the superior quality of my sessions. No one seems to doubt my ability to explain grammar and shell out tips, tricks, and the best web links. My politics teacher thought I looked like I was dying today, so maybe if I go in there tomorrow they will say, "Go be taken care of."

Even so, the idea of 3 hours of trains, not to mention lay-overs out of doors, hills to climb, and the rainy weather all combine to make an evil soup that would most likely be a super potion to whatever sort of virus is inhabiting my sinuses.

Uncoolness.
Degroovitude.
Incopacetic.

Of course, being the pessimist and self-hater that I am, I can't help but think that this is my just reward for skipping earlier in the week. Got an extra couple days there, but now my weekend is dead and I'm sick. It's not even like I can't go because I just can't go, and I could do fun stuff around here. I feel HORRIBLE, and I just want to lie around and try to get my homework done.

I wish I didn't even have to go to class tomorrow. In fact, I postponed my indie study meeting till Monday because I am so sniffly and hurty and out of it (and not studying much.) I have that fevery cold feeling (or at times that fevery hot feeling), swollen glands (the left of which is QUITE tender), and all the accompanying gook and throat bothering.

Probably the sacking out will occur early tonight, if possible. We'll see. I'll probably lie down with a podcast eventually and see where that gets me. Awake, no doubt, but, yeah...we'll see.

No comments: