Sunday, November 05, 2006

A Better Mood

Yes, I'm distracted from my boring reading by the fact that I am too complainy and pessimistic! And too obsessed with trying to be perfect according to some unknown scale. And too hating myself! This is no good.

DESPITE the fact that this weekend sucked pretty hardcore for various reasons, it wasn't THAT bad. I got to watch Outer Heaven last night with Scotty and that was fun. I got a crudload of stuff done, too. Even though I don't feel like I've been getting much done, I really have. Whether or not I have less work to do this week, I STILL got a lot done this weekend. All I have to do now is barrel through this week without looking back!!

I think my idea about reading Japanese gaming sites and learning vocab and kanji from them is a good one. Of course, supplemental textbook reading is fine, but I think I will be more upbeat about it if I feel like I'm directing the bulk of my efforts towards a more tangible goal (i.e. reading Japanese press releases and crud like that...then I can be USEFUL :D)

I went out and bought more tissues and soup this morning. This evening I had alphabet, which I've been really keen on trying again, since I haven't had it in years. It's vegetable content was impressive, but ultimately I am more of a chicken noodle fan (the chunky kind with carrots and celery ;p)

Scotty is missed...but if I can just get all the lame crud out of the way this week, I will have a kickass weekend in only five days! In addition to that, it's only 2.3 weeks until Thanksgiving Break! And then AFTER that I have less than three weeks of school left. Even though it feels like eons away, I just have to remember that the semester WILL wind down eventually...

Yay, I'm on a roll. Best go finish that boring reading assignment now...

No comments: