Thursday, August 11, 2005

summer drags on

This evening I finished reading A Public Betrayed. What an eye-opener! It was really interesting to read about inside the Japanese media but also rather scary. It's so mind-boggling to me that stuff like that happens. People...

bleh.

I dunno but I'm pretty hooked. I think Japan IS really fascinating but I hope they are going in the right direction.

Wish everyone was just going in the right direction....

Also today I found out some alarming things about my new place of residence.

Apparently Stockton is just...lots of evil death.

THE hell-hole

scarey gangy druggie...

someone please tell me I'm wrong?

Supposedly I'm safe on campus tho, which is good. I'm really planning on focusing so much anyhow that I shouldn't need to be wandering around too much...

altho i was really looking forward to exploring a new city.

I guess that's out tho. I've heard if i wander i the wrong neighborhood i'll be dead...

so...

rather not be dead o_o

even tho i've got some negative news i'm still really psyched.

less than a week to go here...just waiting it out.

i got some new books to read INcluding the new haruki murakami (PSYCHED!!!)

i've also been thinking i would like to reread david mitchell (or is it just one l...why can i never remember?) and murakami's other stuff (and find the stuff i haven't read yet)

but what else...a book about the glycemic index based diet...(g.i.) which is sort of my healthy skew...we'll see what it says...annnnnd economics and a big glossy book about manga :D

should keep me very busy

i also need to be reviewing japanese

i decided that to continue trying to cram in new stuff is a waste because either way my kanji is not nearly what it should be so that will hold me back. right now i just need to make sure i know the stuff i already covered and by know i mean DOWN PAT so we'll be doing that too.

tomorrow i'm heading to mke to hang with my relatives. saturday and sunday are sort of toss ups so far...definitely bringing books tho. agressive reading shcedule heh

if anything thrilling happens rest assured you shall know ;p

1 comment:

Xavier said...

I kinda want to read Murakami's other stuff too.

I've still only read Norwegian Wood