Sunday, August 28, 2005

franceinfo *spoilers for Raise the Red Lantern*

makes me miss paris

they're playin' funky music...i guess cuz it's the middle of the night there : /

interesting stuff...

i kinda like it...i hope they mention what it is...

uhm...

so i've found that having this blog is almost a pain because it doesn't serve the same purpose as my parisian blog and yet it's still accessible to the same folks who read that one.

i thought about getting a xanga for a while...

see cuz i still have to talk to everyone in my family and whatever about what's going on whereas in paris i just blogged and they knew what happened

here it's just a doubling

which i should just change the point BUT its' like i said...they could stumble upon it and then what

oh well

yeah i like franceinfo

hmmmmm

so today i read Wives and Concubines (aka Raise the Red Lantern)

I have to say I really didn't like any of the characters except MAYBE Feipu. (That was his name right?) All the endless jealous bitch fights etc etc just annoyed me half to death. I wasn't surprised when they threw Coral into the well...I figured as much, and then Lotus went insane. WHY? I was just frustrated with the whole thing. 99 pages of frustration was too much...

esp after all that dense film history stuff. Different companies and exchanges, FSA, Motion Picture Patent Company, Nation Board of Censorship to the National Board of Review, Biograph, IMP, General Flimco...etc etc It just gets muddled after a while and you have no idea what's going on. All I know is that the independents started making some headway! Good for them! I'm glad.

ok now i'm kinda mad...i want news and the music got boring...

maybe i should switch and go listen to the voiceblog i like. i'm WAY behind!

hmmm

*ponders things*

No comments: