Thursday, July 21, 2005

A New Blog (The Special Hour Long Pilot post luke-warm recovery service...) OR We'll Take What We Can Get

Well I decided that blogs seem to be such a valuable record of my endeavors that I will try continuing for a bit under this new heading.

The title for this one comes from a pretty crazy mood I was in last fall over my linguistics course. I got a little poetic over the trees we were using to diagram sentences heh ^_~ Anyhow I guess that's how I ended up a linguistics major too. Just liked it too much...actually really it's just the lack of Japanese major offered here.

I got an e-mail from UOP (which I will continue to call "you op" regardless of whether the natives say "you-oh-pea" or not ;p) hoping that I will still be attending with them this fall. What a sad thing to find after you've decided that you're just too poor.

Really I think linguistics will be great and this way I will also have a background in something practical. I'm not sure HOW practical...considering I'd like to go to grad school for T&I (translation and interpretation...and you'd best remember cuz i won't say it again lol).

What ELSE everyone? Well I'm still planning on getting the TESOL certificate. That way I can hopefully teach English on my way through grad school or whatever. The hope is that I will be able to do my internship in Japan? I'd like to go to Nanzan my senior year.

Oh the crazy!

Sunday I turn twenty. YES...二十歳. I'm so excited!

So Monday I move into my new apt. It's a house with some very nice professionals and I think one student who may be moving out. I love the place and tho the rent is more than I am used to, it does include everything +.

Tuesday I start Linguistics 430 for which there is apparently not a textbook? Entitled Language and Society I expect it will cover just that. 1:00 to 4:20 TWR. It's a required class and it's better than sitting around doing nothing in the heat. Hopefully it will also be WILDLY ENTERTAINING!!!

Picked up my sexy summer U-PASS today. I haven't ridden the bus yet. Perhaps that will be a task for tomorrow.

Wednesday I made an appt to speak with an Education Nurse or something about food. You need a referral to get a nutritionist. ;p Maybe she will have some enlightening insights (but I doubt it : /)

August 22 I start my job at Union Station. How thrilling! I have alwa---

Blogger oh blogger why do you do this to me? Tease me by recovering only a FOURTH of the entry I just spent an hour straight working on? Well this post HAD been a terribly detailed account of what I am up to in the up-coming week, month, semester, life...uhm...but I had just ended it with the fact that I was starving...TO DEATH. I still intend to leave...

Man and it was good too...

: /

No comments: