Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Tidbits and Thoughts

I was going to post this yesterday, too, but ended up getting sidetracked. So Viz has arranged screenings of one of my FAVORITE MOVIES EVER (the original Japanese official page is gone : /), only not here. Viz is BASED here, but they couldn't arrange a couple here. Too bad I missed the 2005 SF Indie Fest >_<

Viz Pictures has a pretty slick website. I'm totally into this company. I assume they'll be putting out The Taste of Tea DVD soon. Isn't that what this means? God, I would cry. I love that movie so much.

-----

So, I don't believe I have been linking to my translation efforts. That is the most recent. I'll try to remember to do that. It's all very rough and literal, but it's practice, anyhow. It's valiant.

-----

Got some more work to do ^_^ I'll link when it's up.

-----

I need to keep more Japanese in my brain. Last night while falling asleep I was writing kanji in my head and I really think that is probably the only way to really learn this stuff. It's not enough to study while you write it down on the paper, you have to etch it into your cerebral cortex. Thus, I intend to spend more timing thinking in or about Japanese.

-----

I hadn't intended on saying this, but while I was writing the rest of this I was just thinking... I'm going to restart my vocab blog completely. I'd like to get it on the new system and add labels for parts of speech 'n stuff. Plus it's really...spotty and neglected-looking. I actually posted one this morning, but now that I think of it, the best way to recommit is to start from scratch. (Incidentally, this blog, as you may be able to tell, will never be switched to the new Blogger system. There are too many links I would have to add all over again, so screw it. There would be too many pointless labels, too.)

No comments: