Thursday, January 11, 2007

Post-shower reggae

as opposed to pre-shower, rest of the day reggae. It's Japanese.

I'm sitting here eating the smallest banana-walnut monstrosity with a dab of cream cheese. Kinda wish I would've picked a bigger one, now, but there should be dinner of some sort eventually.

In addition to shower, I did some laundry organizing and dishwashing, some Internet reading and kanji scribbling.

No e-mails, at least none that I really want. I pestered the bakery who promised me an interview, so I hope everyone is satisfied with my go-getter attitude.

Sorta forgot to go to the pharmacy, but hopefully I can avert tragedy by going tomorrow. Obviously I did some shopping, or I wouldn't have been able make those scone wannabes. So we have milk and eggs at least.

My hair is drying uncomfortably on my neck.

Oh, I also (after my second time through Twenty-Thousand Leagues Under the Sea) finished reading Haruki Murakami's latest short collection, Blind Willow, Sleeping Woman. It has a nice cover:



Lots of stories, one I recognized from The New Yorker. He mentions that some of them are bits he's fleshed out into novels, and I recognized one of those, as well. It's pretty obvious. Less obvious where it came from because I'm bad at remembering that sort of thing, but I think it might be Norwegian Wood.

Next, I'm going to take a look at Snow Crash, since it's on the bookshelf and Scott really likes it. I like knowing what he's referring to. Not that I'll ever catch up, but I can certainly try.

There is also some really cool jazz mixed in with this reggae, and punk, and...oddities. The Challenging Sushi link is in my sidebar. Should check it out if you haven't yet.

*hair continues to dry*

No comments: