Monday, January 29, 2007

Job Update

I'm so excited *_*

I went and filled out my paperwork for Nijiya. I will be working as a cashier and wearing an awesome Oxford and jacket (size S.) Tomorrow afternoon I start training! I guess for the first week it will be just bagging. They ease you in, which is so nice!

I already really like the store manager, Jin. He's funny and friendly and seems to really care about the employees. For instance, when I told him I'd prefer to work weekdays he asked why and when I explained that I hang out with my boyfriend on the weekends, he was totally ok with that and said he would help me out! I do work this Saturday, but it's not a problem to do that once in a while.

Hopefully I will make some friends I can hang out with outside of work, too. The break room has pictures of the staff all goofing around together on the walls, so it seems like they get together for a good time once in a while, or something. I already know Jin likes tequila, since it seems to be his "power" source. A lady came into the break room complaining of a cold and he told her, "You should drink some tequila!" I dunno much about tequila, but I think at a job with such a relaxed dress code and goofy people, I'm going to have a lot of fun.

No comments: