Friday, November 18, 2005

dreams and desires

Lately I've been having lots of strange dreams. Some of the less avant-garde things I can remember ok...

The other day I met a guy (in my dream) and we were walking to a basketball court. He said, "Hmm I wonder if I could pick you up," then faked like he was going to try while I said, "Well...probably..." and then he decided instead, "Nah you just need to walk faster! Girls are so slow!" but he was teasing. Really awesome guy. I was really attached to him in the dream so I guess that's why I was so unhappy to wake up.

Anyhow we arrived at the basketball court and it was all dirt, on the seaside or somewhere surrounded in part by these high sandy brick walls. (kinda yellow) and there were rocks leading down to the water...well not really leading...just sorta bordering. The ball kept going through holes in the wall and fall into the ocean. The hoop would break off and fall so we'd have to climb very carefully down (since the rocks were liable to slide and fall too).

Interesting.

So then last night, I dreamed...well the first thing I dreamed was that I was back in Paris. I was really excited to go to the MCJP (they have that monster exhibit on) and anyhow it was just a really good feeling. I remember looking for a house or something and for some reason hoping my old room would still be available but we all knew that was impossible and also that the people there weren't that great to deal with in the first place. Who was I with tho? For a while there was this older fellow and some other person. But later I was with a friend from elementary school whom I haven't seen in years.

Then the dream changed and I was babysitting a whole bunch of kids. It was weird. It was really like a montage succession of babysitting jobs. All at the site of this river. Which oddly enough now that I think of it was actually the big hill at my old house...we lived at the top of this huge hill in the road. The driveway came winding out and then you turned left to hurtle your bike down this thing and you'd just fly. Anyhow in this dream (and actually in one or two others I had a LONG time ago) this road was a river and not a road. The main thing tho was that the kids kept falling into the river. I was with someone else too...maybe Flipper? No cuz Flipper would've been faster and smarter than me at rescuing. There was someone else there who tried but I always beat them to it. Anyhow the kids would fall in and go under and I'd have to jump in and save them and the water was moving really fast (down the hill...but I guess not really as fast as all THAT cuz that hill would've been more like rapids or falls) I dunno how many kids I saved. At least three. They were all fine. Everyone I guess held their breath pretty well or something...

This morning I was thinking about high school band. I would give almost anything for a 5:30 with the wind symphony. Back in the day, just like it used to be. I'd practice so hard... I'd be totally prepared and we'd wake up all super early and complain about it even though we liked it. At least I did. Beating the crack of down and sometimes the lake would be doing that steaming thing when the water is warmer than the air. Eerie morning scenes. Looks like ghosts or something filtering up through the H20 molecules. I guess I always would've rather played with the brass but sax was the instrument so it woodwinds it was. The flutes would be skittering around somewhere up there and the bassons would be a bit behind. We all tried so hard but I guess sometimes it really was "like nailing jell-o to a wall" ;p Our band was good though, I'd say. Well plenty of people would say. I never wanted high school to last forever, but high school band I would've taken in some form for the rest of my life if I could've. : /

Last night Flipper and I talked forEVEr about all sorts of stuff lol. It's pretty cool. We decided to skip tai chi (sorry kevin) cuz we stayed up sorta late. Not really that late, but in the tai chi context it was definitely too. Breakfast was banana with grapenuts and a mug of decaf coffee splashed with milk. I'm studying with Lex at 9 and then swimming at 10. After that there is a Japanese test at 11 and then I will have lunch I suppose...if I'm hungry. I'm going to have tomato soup with ham and provolone on rye (assuming the correct ingredients for the sandwich are present.) If not, I'm not sure what I want. I guess they have tortellini marinara today which sounds sorta good, although I'm having pizza for dinner (hopefully sausage, green pepper, and mushroom, but I'll settle for pepperoni as the meat if that's all they have.)

I have a lot of stuff I was supposed to get done today (and yesterday) but I guess I'll just get it done as I can. I'm trying to get all my break homework done too, although technically I could bring some things with me to Jean's and not worry about it so much. Actually though I'd much rather bring a novel...as a nice hiatus from school reading, so I think I will read (and WRITE...AC and EAC papers!!!) really hard up until Wednesday afternoon. That's when we're leaving. Flipper's mom is picking us up Wednesday afternoon. I think Tuesday I will plan on a Tiger Yogurt run since I haven't been there yet. We can swim at noon, grab lunch, and head on an expedition. I still havent' been to In-N-Out yet either. I vowed to go before this last month of the semester is up!! It's like the better than McDonald's fast food that California has. So I hear anyhow. Sounds good. Sounds like maybe le quick. lol ;_; paris...

Anyway's this has taken quite long enough I guess...since I meant to be at the library picking up an article or two and a couple books.

OOHHH one other note quick...

So today is the J-test...that makes that class short. Then I have AC which should be...the way it is.

Then Monday though I don't have J, only AC (yeah we cut out the favorites before the break and keep the unsavories...haha oh but that's mean...it's not like i REALLY hate any of my classes...just get frustrated sometimes...) and then Tuesday I have EAC but no FH.

I need to come up with abbreviations for next semester:
J
J-Lit
PG
Math
WT
KB

That should suffice. I suppose I could shorten to M for math, we'll see how it goes. Abbreviations should be spontaneous and convenient!!

PG is physical geology ne...I'm sure some kids WOULD need parental guidance tho cuz it could get pretty complicated. I dunno much about subduction zones ;D

No comments: