Saturday, October 05, 2013

October 5th, 2013 in Five Minutes

Woke up around 7:23 or so without my alarm, which was set for 8. Fried two eggs in olive oil, ate them with two slices of a round loaf from the neighborhood bakery and half a grapefruit and a cup of instant 7-Eleven coffee. Worked on some translation. Worked on my day job. Ran out the door because I was attending an orientation at the Museum of Modern Japanese Literature. On the way I ate lunch from this bakery in a savage fashion in the street, but it couldn't be helped. Not only did I have a pizza like thing, I had a rhubarb tart. RHUBARB. It was a good day just for that.

The event was good. I was very quiet. We saw original (real) manuscripts (that should not be even exposed to the light) by Natsume Soseki etc. You should not wear gloves (plastic ones?) because they catch on the paper and might rip it. Clean, dry hands are best. I'd like to attend more events at the museum but it seems like it will be a long time before I need to use their archive for something. I am level 0 lit nerd. I had a really unique lemon parfait with tea at the cafe there before I left.

On the way home I bought a salady thing. Then when I got home I worked more on both jobs. And then I read a ton of stuff about lit theory.

Oh I also finished reading The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao today.

All of these things combined to make me want to blog. I guess.

Wow, the timer went off with this incredibly obnoxious and unexpected noise.

No comments: