Tuesday, October 08, 2013

Little Roommate

Had a dream where I don't remember what language was being spoken, but in which it was revealed that I had had a tiny roommate all along. That said, my room was also different, although I think I was still in Japan. Actually the room itself seemed a little confused, changing shape depending on the scene. There was one that was kind of door shaped with the kitchen on the left and the doorway on the right, a big window cradled in the living area at the "base." Another one was super shoeboxy, didn't even have a kitchen, or a bathroom. Or anything, really except a bed. Everything in that one was kind of a dirty yellow tan color, and I couldn't figure out if it was a product of the light or just bad design.

A bout of dancing in front of the mirror or whatever girls do in their room's when there's is no one around  (I think it was tongue-in-cheek strip tease prompted by the fact that the jeans I had tried to put on were so worn out I might as well not have been wearing any) had just at that exact second finished, so could properly feign doing "nothing" (albeit poorly dressed) when the guy (full-sized) walked out of my kitchen.

"[uncontrollable yelp of fear and surprise] Where did you come from?" (I was soooo not just dancing around in my near underwear.)

"Over there... I live here."

"You...what?"

"I live here, in that pan."

"No! No, you don't! And what do you mean "in that pan!" That's my pan!"

"But you never cook, and indefinitely turned over to 'dry' like that on the rack, it makes kind of a nice...tent..."

"Don't change the subject!"

"I have to go or I'll be late for class."

"You're a student? I have a student freeloading under a pan in my kitchen?!"

"No, I'm an elementary school teacher."

Now this was too much. And he had to leave anyhow. It did actually dawn on me that it made no sense that a full-sized guy could live under a pan, but the only possible explanation was that he shrunk himself down when he arrived home, so as to not be a burden on me, and I accepted that immediately. Regardless, he was now a burden on me and the flood of all the previously-normal-but-now-extremely-embarrassing things that had occurred over the months since I had moved into that apartment momentarily crushed me.

But maybe it wouldn't be so bad to have a roommate. The only thing was that at this point our relationship was unequal, since he knew probably more than he ever wanted to know about me and I knew nothing about him.

The next day I came home (to room v.2 for some reason, the yellowy one) and there were a couple elementary schooler's notebooks on my desk, as well as a box of cherries labeled "cherries," but also "must not become contaminated." It seemed he had given up hiding himself now that he'd been discovered.

*

Actually there was a lot of other stuff that happened that I can't remember, but yeah, I dreamed a tiny elementary school teacher who could also be normal human-sized lived in my room. What the hell, lol.

For the record, you could not hide under my pan cuz I DO scramble breakfast if nothing else.

No comments: