Saturday, April 12, 2008

Chet Baker (and the shit)

He's dreamy. If there were an old Looney Toon with him as the crooning rooster, all the hens would be on the floor so fast. For some reason I knew before I even read about him that his life would be a mess with drugs etc. Wikipedia does have some very nice things to say, though, description wise. I think they hit the nail on the head with words like, "melancholy" and "intimiate." Whether he's singing, or playing, he's one of my favorites.

Annnnd in other news, the week was very busy and workful, which only means the weekend will be moreso. Embargo'd events are great, but then you realize you haven't REALLY even done the work yet, even though you'd been busy. The work is only just stating.

I'm going to see Thao with The Get Down Stay Down tonight, as planned. It'll be my last hurrah. Funny, I feel as though I've said this before. But this time I mean it because there is literally no other way. I have to move out of this apt asap and to do that I will have to actually pay rent. Which means...I have to just work my ass off and see if it's possible. If it's not, then I guess I might have to take a huge step back and get a job. How stupidly depressing. I don't need my career to crumble and fall to its knees. That's one thing that I felt was going well, but I guess it's not REALLY going well unless you can afford what you need, and a few things you want. I'm not really affording anything right now. I was asked the other day how I can have so many people wanting me to write for them and still be so incredibly broke. The answer to that is probably student loans, but I dunno anymore. Hopefully adding all this new work will make things better, but I still have to physically have time to do enough work.

Also, this is secretly depressing because I know if I were amazing at features I could be getting paid more. If I were selling witty orginal articles instead of reviews...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

(crab?)